Call For Artists – Sleepy Hollow 2018
October 6th – November 3rd
Our annual ‘Sleepy Hollow” show celebrates the blurring of the line between fall and winter, plenty and paucity, life and death, and Halloween – a time of jubilation and superstition. Come celebrate with us as the days grow shorter and the nights get colder, and usher in the winter season with art, festivity, costumes and treats.
Gallery 27 is seeking a variety of art mediums such as: paintings, photography, mixed media, fiber, paper, wood, glass, sculpture, clay and metal.
Take in dates are:
Sept 26 & 27 from 11 am – 5 pm
Sept 28 from 12 pm – 6 pm
Sept 29, from 10 am – 3 pm
October 3 & 4 from 11 am – 5 pm
ALL SUBMISSIONS FOR THE GALLERY SHOW AND RETAIL INVENTORY MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THIS DEADLINE.
Pick-up dates and times:
November 7 & 8 from 11am -5 pm
Nov. 9 from 12 pm -6 pm
Nov. 11 from 10 am – 3pm
ART WORK MUST BE PICKED UP ON THESE DATES. WE DO NOT HAVE SPACE TO STORE PIECES. ANY WORK NOT PICKED UP WITHIN 10 DAYS WILL BECOME PROPERTY OF GALLERY 27 AND DONATED TO A CHARITY OF OUR CHOICE.
OPENING RECEPTION & COSTUME PARTY, October 27, 2018 from 7 pm – 9 pm
Exhibit will be on display, October 6 – November 3, 2018
Eligibility: Show is open to artists ages 18 and older.
Submission fee is $10 for the first three pieces and $5 for each additional piece. All artists may submit no more than 6 entries. Age of the artwork doesn’t matter but PLEASE CONSIDER THE THEME. Painting, drawing, sculpture, jewelry, photography, printmaking and fiber are eligible.
- All work must be properly framed or gallery wrapped with sides properly finished (no staples on sides) and over an inch width and properly wired for hanging. Mats must be neat and clean.
- 3D work must sit solidly on flat surface or be properly mounted.
- All works should be prepared in a simple, professional manner and be ready for display.
- There is no size limit for 2D works and 2D works on paper should be matted and wrapped or framed under glass.
- Large oils or acrylics on canvas do not need to be framed, but should be stapled on the back and have painted edges. No saw tooth hangers please.
- Three-dimensional works will be limited to 200 lbs and the artist is responsible for assembling and positioning heavy or large pieces.
- ALL WORK MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
- A commission of 30% will be retained on all sales. All works presented in the gallery show will be chosen by the gallery owner.
- Sold pieces will be removed at time of purchase.
- Each artist will carry their own retail insurance if desired.
- Artists are encouraged to attend. Attendance at exhibits affects the success of the gallery and the exhibit.
- Sleepy Hollow is our annual Halloween celebration, so artists are encouraged to dress in costume for this event, otherwise proper attire is dressy casual.
- Artists are also encouraged to LIKE Gallery 27 on Facebook so that you may share the event. Please share any promotional material to collectors, friends, associates, and family to attend the event.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Pilkmington-Smith at email@example.com.